The starting point is the bridge across the River Bacchiglione in Montegalda; at Villa Gualdo follow the embankment which runs along the river; the route snakes through farm holdings on the left and is an easy walk amidst greenery.
After crossing the road at the roundabout before the village of Colzè, pick up the path again along the embankment (there is a gap in the guardrail); pass under the A31 motorway (Valdastico Sud), the embankment now follows a spillway canal and meets up with the River Bacchiglione on the left after the water works at Colzè.
At Secula cross the main road (SP 20); turn left keeping to the road and just after the bridge across the River Bacchiglione join the bike-pedestrian path on the right which runs below; at the traffic lights in Longare continue straight on for about 200m then turn right on to the bike-pedestrian path. Continue straight on, crossing the main road (SP247) at the American Military Base and picking up the bike-pedestrian path heading north on the right and named after Renato Casarotto.
Go up the steps on the right as far as the Villa Valmarana. Continue straight on and at the fork go up the cobbled lane to the left (via S.Bastian). At the end of the lane keep going, cross over the road which leads to Monte Berico and follow the dirt track which runs down along the arcade.
Montegalda, the centre of the village, Villa Gualdo, the Town Hall
Exit A31 (Valdastico Sud) Longare-Montagaldella – follow signs for Montegalda 5km
from Montegaldella junction for SP 21
From April to October the long grass along the embankment from Montegalda to Secula may cause some problems.
1km climb from Via della Rotonda-stradella Valmarana to the end of Via S. Bastian (Vicenza)
Descent Viale 10 Giugno 400m (from Monte Berico)
Asphalted bike-pedestrian path Longare-Vicenza
Paving stones along the Stradella Valmarana Via S. Bastian
Dirt track Viale 10 Giugno
- pace 4 kmph > 4 hours 30 minutes
- pace 6 kmph > 2 hours 50 minutes
- pace 8 kmph > 2 hours 15 minutes
- pace 18 kmph > 1 hour by bike
- Just before Colzè at the roundabout SP20-Ghizzole- normal traffic.
- Secula – crossing the SP 20.
- Along the via Municipio in Secula at the beginning of the bike-pedestrian path at the underpass in Longare.
- Longare SP 247. Opposite the entrance to the American base to pick up the bike path. Heavy traffic.
- Debba – the junction of the SP 247 – road for Ponte di Debba leaving the bike-pedestrian path. Pay great attention.
- Vicenza at the end of the bike-pedestrian path. Cross the SP 247 to join via della Rotonda. Pay great attention.
- Vicenza, Viale 10 Giugno, at the foot of Monte Berico. Pay great attention.
- Vicenza, viale Fusinato and viale Risorgimento. Pay great attention.
- Vicenza, junction of viale Eretenio - Ponte Furo.
- Vicenza from the end of Viale 10 Giugno until viale Eretenio moderate to heavy traffic.
- Special care should be taken on all road junctions. Always follow the highway code and above all use common sense.